You are invited to be family together
- Select a Bible study or family faith resource to use daily or weekly at home, or
- Why not get your virtual small group watching the same video or resource, then come together through phone or video-link at an agreed time to reflect, discuss and pray for each other
In our weekly worship uploads here at Good Shepherd, we will occasionally feature a resource from the list below. But we encourage you to make use of this curated list weekly and be blessed with the variety of content that several providers are making available to you, your family, and your virtual small group.
Holy Week reflections with Jim. Jim, a member at Good Shepherd, would like to share with you a series of reflections during Holy Week.
They are based on extracts from a book by Jim's faith hero, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, titled God is on the Cross. Click here to access.
House Church, by Open Doors Australia. Episode 1 (click here) looked at isolation – how it can be used to grow with God and strengthen our faith. Click here to sign up (free) to receive an email each Thursday afternoon with a link to the latest episode and to see previous episodes. Download the run sheet, or pick and choose your content, as you embark on a journey of faith, learning from those who have gone before us. We are one body, one Church and we are stronger together.
Church at Home, by Grow Ministries. This free package includes weekly inter-generational, child-friendly content for you, your family and your virtual small group through the following specific resources:
- Growing Faith at Home all-age activity, question, devotional and sharing worksheets
- Dwelling in The Word activity sheet designed to be used together with Growing Faith at Home
- Children’s Talk that you can use at home
- Growing in Faith Together (GIFT) family activity sheet
- Talking Points discussion starter.
To access, click here.
The Bible Society. Resources to help people engage with the Bible. They include:
- Kids and youth resources from animations and videos to curriculum and work sheets
- Online events to help youth have their questions answered
- Free Gospels, New Testament and other resources such as Meet Jesus by Mike Raite
- Tips for taking church online.
To access, click here.
Kids Talks with Colin. Compassion Ambassador Colin Buchanan is passionate about helping kids understand that despite what is going on in the world—whatever our circumstances—God is bigger, and we can put our trust in Him.
The author, Pr Steen Olsen is a former pastor of Good Shepherd Tuggeranong, also retired bishop of New Zealand District and retired mission director of SA/NT District. His book, Bring Jesus – Making sense of mission is a collation of 20 articles originally published as a regular column in The Lutheran magazine. Click here.