This morning our Chair, Vicki, presented the outcomes of our congregational planning meeting held on 8th January.
The planning meeting used the Grow Coaching framework to illustrate how we should look as a community-engaged congregation into the future.
A key planning outcome was that we should work towards making our worship centre a community hub. So how might God want us to use and develop this facility? Through:
- Community seminars
- Regular activities
- Youth and children initiatives
- Considering what we might add to Sunday services, inclusive of all generations
- Minor works projects that foster children’s activities (e.g. playground structures)
- Developing our usage of the worship centre throughout each week
- Expanding Bread Night ministry
- Engaging a community engagement worker to develop our capacity to engage externally.
Based on this, the Ministry Team is developing an implementation plan, with time-frames.
The next steps for each of us are to think about how our personal gifts might be exercised in implementing the plan, to ponder it and pray about it, and talk with someone from the Ministry Team, or Pr Paul.